Skip to main content

If no longer have any sexual desire – and now Your husband is talking about a threesome

 I no longer have any sexual desire – and now my husband is talking about a threesome


I want him to be happy but we have young children and sex feels like a chore. What should I do?

I have been married for three years and no longer have any sexual desire. I am deeply in love, but my husband says I have stopped initiating physical intimacy and he hasn’t felt wanted for a long time. We have very young children, so I am exhausted all the time. He fantasises about exotic romps whereas I dream of a hot meal, shower and a nap. I don’t have any support from family or friends for our children, let alone myself, but I really want my husband to be happy and satisfied. Every time he brings up sex, it feels like just one more thing on my list of chores, and it’s always late at night when I’m trying to sleep. I thought I was having difficulty juggling life with kids, but he insists I’ve been pulling away ever since we got married. My family disowned me when I decided to get married, and I would be lying if I said that we had an easy-going relationship, but there is mad love here. I find him very attractive – I just don’t act on it for some reason. He gets very upset and is now talking about adding other people into the mix, which is something I have never wanted.

Please understand that, given your family situation, it is to be expected that you would not feel sexually eager at this time. It is very common for exhaustion, plus post-birth hormonal changes, to reduce desire. You need to calmly educate your husband about this and ask him to be more patient. It is understandable that he misses the enthusiastic sexuality you previously enjoyed together but it is unfair of him to complain and make you feel uneasy by proposing new adventures such as an unwanted threesome. Your sex drive will eventually return, but in the meantime perhaps you could ask him to help ease your childcare burden by helping you more. On the other hand, perhaps he is struggling with the shift of your focus from him to your infants. Many men experience a sense of loss and sadness during this time. Talk with him gently about this, and give him an opportunity to express it. You might ask him a question such as: “You have expressed frustration that our sex life is not the same as it was before we had children, but can you also help me to understand your feelings about the general changes in our lives since we started our family?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The devil waits at every crossroads: a walk between darkness and light on Dartmoor

  The devil waits at every crossroads: a walk between darkness and light on Dartmoor The new 38-mile Archangel’s Way, a pilgrimage route in a rugged corner of Devon, straddles Christendom and ancient pagan sites T he story of the church of St Michael de Rupe begins – as all the best Dartmoor stories do – on a dark and stormy night. A sailor, stricken in a wild and furious sea, fell to the deck of his ship to pray for salvation. The almighty unveiled a mountain in the midst of the tempest where the ship duly made landfall: in gratitude the sailor built a church on its summit. The devil – who had unleashed that evil storm – did his best to prise the church from its foundations, but Archangel Michael sprung to its defence and became the patron of this Devon parish. The tale has many versions, but this is the general gist. Today, St Michael de Rupe counts as the highest working church in southern England – poised dramatically on top of a western outlier of Dartmoor’s tor...

How to Make a DIY Carboard RC Plane (1-10)

  How to Make a DIY Carboard RC Plane Hello, fellow makers!👋  I'm excited to share my latest project with you—building a remote-controlled airplane from cardboard.✈️ As an RC enthusiast who loves drones and everything related to remote-controlled vehicles, I always wanted to create my own plane, but I was put off by the high costs and complexity of traditional materials. So, I decided to take a different approach and use readily available and affordable materials like cardboard. However, I was initially hesitant because I wasn't sure if a plane made of cardboard would actually fly. But after doing some research and putting my design skills to the test, I decided to go for it. 🛠️ In this instructable, I'll guide you through the process of building a sturdy and functional RC airplane using a cardboard fuselage and wings, along with a few 3D-printed parts and the electronics. This project was not only fun and educational but also incredibly rewarding. I learned a...

Did you know that if your ear hairs grow, it is because your body is

  Did you know that if your ear hairs grow, it is because your body is Ear hair growth is a natural part of aging for many people. As we get older, hormonal changes can lead to an increase in hair growth in certain areas, including the ears. This is often due to changes in testosterone levels, which can stimulate hair follicles in the ear. Additionally, genetics can play a role in how much ear hair a person develops. While some people may notice only a little hair growth, others might experience more significant growth. It’s a normal process, but if the hair becomes bothersome, there are grooming options available to manage it. It’s also interesting to note that some people might be more prone to this due to their family history. If you notice it becoming a bit much, there are safe ways to manage it, like trimming or using specialized grooming tools. Just make sure to be careful when doing so! Ear hair growth is a common phenomenon, especially as people age. Th...