Skip to main content

Drew Barrymore’s sexuality as she revealed she is not straight

 

Drew Barrymore’s sexuality as she revealed she is not straight

Drew Barrymore has opened up about her sexuality after revealing that she is not straight.

GettyImages-2199442054.jpgDrew Barrymore has opened up about her sexuality. Credit: John Nacion / Getty

The 50-year-old Hollywood star has captivated audiences for decades – first as a child star in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, then as a beloved actress, producer, and now, talk show host.

From blockbuster films to heartfelt interviews on The Drew Barrymore Show, she’s built a career on being open, candid, and relatable. Now, Barrymore is sharing something even more personal.

In an interview with Contact Music, the Charlie’s Angels star spoke about her sexuality, sharing that she identifies as queer.

“Do I like women sexually? Yeah, I do. Totally. I have always considered myself bisexual,” she said. “I love a woman’s body. I think a woman and a woman together are beautiful, just as a man and a woman together are beautiful.”

“Being with a woman is like exploring your own body but through someone else,” she added.

GettyImages-115250342.jpgBarrymore was previously married to Will Kopelman. They share two kids. Credit: David Livingston / Getty

Barrymore’s romantic life has always drawn public attention. In the ’90s, she was engaged to Leland Hayward III and actor Jamie Walters.

She married bar owner Jeremy Thomas in 1994, but the marriage lasted just two months. In 2001, she wed comedian Tom Green before divorcing shortly after.

Her most recent marriage was to Will Kopelman, whom she divorced in 2016. The two share daughters Olive and Frankie and continue to co-parent closely.

Though she’s been open to love again, the Scream star has also acknowledged the difficulties of dating as a single mom. “I don’t know how to date with kids,” she said, cited by Buzzfeed, “I’m not there yet – I have two young girls, and I don’t want to bring people home.”

“I think that it would take me a very long time to meet someone and get to know them before I could even ever introduce them to my daughters,” she added.

In another interview with Gayle King, the 50 First Dates star was adamant about not wanting to get married again. “Oh, God, never! Ugh! Never, nope, nope, there’s no reason to be,” she said. “I would maybe live with someone again, maybe, but I’ve had kids, and there’s no way.”

“I will never, ever, ever, ever get married again,” Barrymore concluded, saying that she might consider a promise ceremony.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The devil waits at every crossroads: a walk between darkness and light on Dartmoor

  The devil waits at every crossroads: a walk between darkness and light on Dartmoor The new 38-mile Archangel’s Way, a pilgrimage route in a rugged corner of Devon, straddles Christendom and ancient pagan sites T he story of the church of St Michael de Rupe begins – as all the best Dartmoor stories do – on a dark and stormy night. A sailor, stricken in a wild and furious sea, fell to the deck of his ship to pray for salvation. The almighty unveiled a mountain in the midst of the tempest where the ship duly made landfall: in gratitude the sailor built a church on its summit. The devil – who had unleashed that evil storm – did his best to prise the church from its foundations, but Archangel Michael sprung to its defence and became the patron of this Devon parish. The tale has many versions, but this is the general gist. Today, St Michael de Rupe counts as the highest working church in southern England – poised dramatically on top of a western outlier of Dartmoor’s tor...

How to Make a DIY Carboard RC Plane (1-10)

  How to Make a DIY Carboard RC Plane Hello, fellow makers!👋  I'm excited to share my latest project with you—building a remote-controlled airplane from cardboard.✈️ As an RC enthusiast who loves drones and everything related to remote-controlled vehicles, I always wanted to create my own plane, but I was put off by the high costs and complexity of traditional materials. So, I decided to take a different approach and use readily available and affordable materials like cardboard. However, I was initially hesitant because I wasn't sure if a plane made of cardboard would actually fly. But after doing some research and putting my design skills to the test, I decided to go for it. 🛠️ In this instructable, I'll guide you through the process of building a sturdy and functional RC airplane using a cardboard fuselage and wings, along with a few 3D-printed parts and the electronics. This project was not only fun and educational but also incredibly rewarding. I learned a...

Did you know that if your ear hairs grow, it is because your body is

  Did you know that if your ear hairs grow, it is because your body is Ear hair growth is a natural part of aging for many people. As we get older, hormonal changes can lead to an increase in hair growth in certain areas, including the ears. This is often due to changes in testosterone levels, which can stimulate hair follicles in the ear. Additionally, genetics can play a role in how much ear hair a person develops. While some people may notice only a little hair growth, others might experience more significant growth. It’s a normal process, but if the hair becomes bothersome, there are grooming options available to manage it. It’s also interesting to note that some people might be more prone to this due to their family history. If you notice it becoming a bit much, there are safe ways to manage it, like trimming or using specialized grooming tools. Just make sure to be careful when doing so! Ear hair growth is a common phenomenon, especially as people age. Th...