Skip to main content

Oh so this is why it keeps happening to me!. Full article πŸ‘‡ πŸ’¬

 

Oh so this is why it keeps happening to me!. Full article 

Money isn’t the most important thing.

May be an image of text that says "My wife's family is very rich; l' m not. Her dad paid for our expensive wedding. When we were flying to our honeymoon, her ticket was first class and mine was economy. She just shrugged and said, "Dad said he's not your ATM." got off the plane and left her there. A few hours later, I received the most terrible... Continue"

Money can sometimes create issues in relationships, especially when one person has much more than the other.

This happened to Darren shortly after he got married. As a young man with less money than his wife’s family, he felt uncomfortable and embarrassed, which caused a strong emotional reaction.

Darren reached out to us for advice: “My wife’s family is very rich, and I’m just an ordinary employee living paycheck to paycheck.

So, for our wedding, her dad paid for everything. When we got on the plane for our honeymoon, my wife was in first class, but my ticket was for economy. She just shrugged and said, ‘This sucks, but Dad says he’s not your money machine.’

I was so angry that I left the plane. A few hours later, I got a call from her dad. I couldn’t believe it when he said, ‘I gave you a dream wedding and honeymoon without asking you to pay anything. Is this how you treat my daughter?’ He also said, ‘My daughter is used to a certain lifestyle, and I’ll keep giving her that, but I won’t support you!’ His words made me even angrier.

I told him I won’t accept being treated this way just because I’m not wealthy, then I hung up. My wife tried to get me to catch a later flight for the honeymoon, but I refused, so she came back home to talk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The devil waits at every crossroads: a walk between darkness and light on Dartmoor

  The devil waits at every crossroads: a walk between darkness and light on Dartmoor The new 38-mile Archangel’s Way, a pilgrimage route in a rugged corner of Devon, straddles Christendom and ancient pagan sites T he story of the church of St Michael de Rupe begins – as all the best Dartmoor stories do – on a dark and stormy night. A sailor, stricken in a wild and furious sea, fell to the deck of his ship to pray for salvation. The almighty unveiled a mountain in the midst of the tempest where the ship duly made landfall: in gratitude the sailor built a church on its summit. The devil – who had unleashed that evil storm – did his best to prise the church from its foundations, but Archangel Michael sprung to its defence and became the patron of this Devon parish. The tale has many versions, but this is the general gist. Today, St Michael de Rupe counts as the highest working church in southern England – poised dramatically on top of a western outlier of Dartmoor’s tor...

How to Make a DIY Carboard RC Plane (1-10)

  How to Make a DIY Carboard RC Plane Hello, fellow makers!πŸ‘‹  I'm excited to share my latest project with you—building a remote-controlled airplane from cardboard.✈️ As an RC enthusiast who loves drones and everything related to remote-controlled vehicles, I always wanted to create my own plane, but I was put off by the high costs and complexity of traditional materials. So, I decided to take a different approach and use readily available and affordable materials like cardboard. However, I was initially hesitant because I wasn't sure if a plane made of cardboard would actually fly. But after doing some research and putting my design skills to the test, I decided to go for it. πŸ› ️ In this instructable, I'll guide you through the process of building a sturdy and functional RC airplane using a cardboard fuselage and wings, along with a few 3D-printed parts and the electronics. This project was not only fun and educational but also incredibly rewarding. I learned a...

Did you know that if your ear hairs grow, it is because your body is

  Did you know that if your ear hairs grow, it is because your body is Ear hair growth is a natural part of aging for many people. As we get older, hormonal changes can lead to an increase in hair growth in certain areas, including the ears. This is often due to changes in testosterone levels, which can stimulate hair follicles in the ear. Additionally, genetics can play a role in how much ear hair a person develops. While some people may notice only a little hair growth, others might experience more significant growth. It’s a normal process, but if the hair becomes bothersome, there are grooming options available to manage it. It’s also interesting to note that some people might be more prone to this due to their family history. If you notice it becoming a bit much, there are safe ways to manage it, like trimming or using specialized grooming tools. Just make sure to be careful when doing so! Ear hair growth is a common phenomenon, especially as people age. Th...